I have finally switched codespeak.org over to SSL using Let’s Encrypt! I have had this domain for over 10 years without SSL so it’s about time. I also set this as a requirement for myself in order to release the distribution system. I’m also aware that it’s standard practice to use SSL on a website. … Continue reading "codespeak.org Now Secured Using Let’s Encrypt!"
This is not something I’ve really consciously thought of until now. With the Code Speak Distribution System, part of the web frontend includes a changelog section for each program. I want to take a similar approach to a project I had done before to track version changes, although not everything on this page will be … Continue reading "Trailing Slashes Removed From URLs"
When it comes to the design of my site, the previous theme worked but it wasn’t good enough. The main reason why I chose to go with a new theme was that I wanted to emphasize programming a bit more. To accomplish this I wanted a theme with a header image containing some code from … Continue reading "New Theme And Other Changes"
Widgetbot, which is what powers the web chat widget on this website, unfortunately has never been truly stable and because of this, the reliability of the chat experience hasn’t been guaranteed. However, that was version 1 of the software. Earlier today I went to the discord server for the project and asked for support. They … Continue reading "Take Two, Live Chat Restored And Changes"
At the bottom of my website in the footer section there used to be a link called Services. This went to a small page that listed the location of my JBLS server, JBLS statistics, and a link to Battle.Net Hashes. That link changed to go directly to the Battle.Net Hashes page (it changed rather recently … Continue reading "Battle.Net Services Update"
Over Christmas vacation I checked the website and noticed live chat wasn’t working. Apparently the specific instance I’m using for widget bot (which powers the live chat) was shut down. Today I went through the process of restoring the chat so it is now working again!